- Introduction to Photography, Camera types. What is in an image? Overview of the general uses and methods of image making.
- Digital Photography. Camera power, The camera, it’s components, features and accessories. Film and Digital Cameras compared.
- Shutter speeds, Apertures and settings. Correct use of these controls with regard to a wide variety of photographic situations.
- Composition and conception of the picture. Combining the distance, shutter speed and aperture settings to produce pictures which conform to the pre-conceived picture taking plan.
- The computer and the camera. Downloading the images. File types and images to suit different requirements. Intro to Picasa 3
- Photography Workshop. (taking pictures outdoors & indoors if possible) 11am-1pm
- Image manipulation. Removal of unwanted areas in pictures.
- Summary, Using Windows Movie Maker to present your photographs.
Course Duration: 8 classes over 6 weeks X 2 hour classes
Location: METAC Training
Course Cost: €110