- Responsible dog ownership, Why groom your dog regularly?
- What happens if you don’t groom your dog regularly?
- Introduction to essential grooming equipment
- The right time to start grooming, Suggested grooming regime for different breeds
- Safe animal handling techniques, Understanding animal behaviour
- Skin conditions and how we contribute, Proper diet…grooming from the inside out
- Parasite prevention and treatment, Basic first aid
- Coat types, Coat care for different breeds, Coat preparation, Matt removal, Shedding seasons, Different methods of grooming
- Eye care, Ear care – flushing, cleaning, plucking, treating infections, Nail care – clip, file, treating bleeding/cracked nails, Paw and pad care, Anal gland function, warning signs and care
- Bathing technique, Coat specific shampoos and conditioners, Drying techniques, Basic clipper techniques
Course Duration: 6 weeks X 2hour classes
Location: METAC Training
Course Cost: €150