- Responsible dog ownership, why groom your dog regularly?
- What happens if you don’t groom your dog regularly?
- Introduction to essential grooming equipment
- The right time to start grooming, suggested grooming regime for different breeds
- Safe animal handling techniques, understanding animal behaviour
- Skin conditions and how we contribute
- Parasite prevention and treatment
- Coat types, coat care for different breeds, coat preparation, matt removal, shedding seasons, different methods of grooming
- Eye care, ear care – flushing, cleaning, plucking, treating infections, nail care – clip, file, treating bleeding/cracked nails, paw and pad care, warning signs and care
- Bathing technique, coat specific shampoos and conditioners, drying techniques, basic clipper techniques
Course Duration: 6 weeks X 2hour classes
Location: METAC Training
Course Cost: €150