METAC training are now running the new Domestic Gas Safety (DGS) Course for entry into the industry, this is the approved course and replaces the GIS & GID.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and related knowledge to enable them to work safely with domestic gas installations. On completion of this course candidates will have the acquired knowledge and skills to enable them to install and admit gas safely to domestic gas installations having passed their assessments and end of course tests.
The programme will provide an extensive insight into Gas installer safety for domestic
installations and will prepare candidates for the end of programme theory and practical assessments leading to qualification to register with RGI as a Registered Gas Installer (RGI).
• Module 1 Safety Standards
• Module 2 Combustion
• Module 3 Flues & Venilation
• Module 4 Installations
• Module 5 Pressure & Flow
• Module 6 Gas Appliances
• Module 7 Electrical and Electrical Control
• Module 8 Gas Meter Installation and Isolation
• Module 9 Combustion Analysers, Flame Protection Devices and Combustion Safety
• Module 10 Customer Relations and Commissioning Installations
• Module 11 End of Unit Written and Practical Assessments
TRAINEE PROFILE: Candidates must hold a FETAC level 6 Advanced Craft Certificate or
Equivalent in plumbing, refrigeration, or electrical
DURATION: 16 Days (2 days per week for 8 weeks)
COURSE FEE: Contact our office for more details
CERTIFICATION: QQI Level 6
Application forms with all details including payment must be completed before training/assessment commences. Three recent photographs(passport style and size in colour) must be submitted with each application.