The aim of this course is to equip trainees with the relevant knowledge and technical competence to join polyethylene pipe safely using Electrofusion techniques.
- Understand Electrofusion Techniques and the Benefits
- Understand Water & Gas Piping on site & safety implications when carrying out Electrofusion
- Examining alternative machines for fusion of MDPE and LDPE pipework and fittings
- Testing and commissioning of PE pipe
- Understanding installation procedures of mains pipework and connection to water meters
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Theoretical & Practical Assessment
- Understand the essential elements required to make successful joints using Electrofusion methods
- Demonstrate the ability to join PE pipes together in line with industry standards
- Correctly set up Electrofusion equipment ready for operation
- Correctly clean and clamp PE pipe in order to eliminate joint faults
- Demonstrate the ability to use an Electrofusion unit
- Quality assurance application to completed joints, to ensure suitability to carry water
TRAINEE PROFILE: Building Professionals, Plumbers, Drainage Contractors, Groundworks Personnel
DURATION: 3 Days
LOCATION: METAC Training
COURSE FEE: €595p.p.
CERTIFICATION: BLUEflame Certified
Application Forms with all details including payment must be completed before training/assessment commences. Three recent photographs (passport style and size in colour) must be submitted with each application.