The aim of this programme is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and competence to, install and connect micro PV and wind turbine systems.
The objective of this course is to equip the candidate with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to perform electrical installation, connecting testing, commissioning and service of micro generators with type-approved network interfaces in accordance with applicable standards, manufactures instructions, guidelines, relevant legislation and standards.
- Understanding the key characteristics of Micro-Generating systems
- Power generating with variable voltages and frequency output.
- Understand output controls of wind generators to include dump loads and electrical braking.
- Legislative and regulatory considerations.
- Raising and lowering wind turbines.
- Health & Safety requirements.
- Installation and Commission of Rotating Generator and Solar PV Systems.
- Maintenance requirements, Fault Finding and Testing for Rotating Generator and Solar PV systems.
Trainee profile: Qualified Electrician, with an ability to work at heights.
Duration: 5 days
Course fee: €875p.p
Certification: QQI Level 6 6S0323 (6N0307)