The course is a challenging and intensive course of instruction, and is aimed at qualified and motivated building professionals who have a passion to learn the art of Passive House design, the world’s leading standard in low energy, sustainable construction.
1. Definition of a Passive House
2. Passive House criteria
3. Basic principles of planning a Passive House
3.1 Thermal insulation – basics
3.2 Airtight envelopes – basics
3.3 Transparent exterior components – basics
3.3.1 Window U-values according to EN 10077
3.3.2 Heat gain through windows according to PHPP
3.3.3 Impact on summer comfort
4. Ventilation in a Passive House – basics
4.1 Why is ventilation essential?
4.2 Natural ventilation
4.3 Exhaust systems
4.4 Balanced supply and exhaust air systems with heat recovery
5. Principles of heating systems for Passive Houses
6. Summer comfort – basics
7. Electrical energy
8. Principles of energy balancing (PHPP)
9. Basics of economic efficiency calculation
10. Invitations to tender and allocation
11. Construction site management and quality assurance
12. Information and support for occupants
13. Refurbishments using Passive House components
14. Calculation, quantities, units
15. Non-residential buildings
TRAINEE PROFILE: Diploma/ Degree in Built Environment Related Discipline.
DURATION: 10 days
LOCATION: METAC Training
COURSE FEE: €1,495p.p (includes PHPP software)
Course Participants will be given the option to sit the exam for international accreditation as “Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant”. The fee for this is €300 which covers exam marking & 5 year certification from the Passivhaus Institut.
Note: Course is offered in conjunction with Target Zero international accredited course providers & exam body by the Passivhaus Institut in Germany.