The Aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge to enable them to assist customers in choosing the correct solid fuel appliance and to recognise the installation & fuel requirements.
- Unit 1: Show an awareness of solid fuel legislation that applies to work in dwellings.
- Unit 2: Know and be able to identify solid mineral fuels and the factors affecting fuel selection.
- Unit 3: Know the basic operating principals of solid fuel appliances.
- Unit 4: Show an awareness of the factors which affect the selection of solid fuel appliances and be able to identify appliances and determine minimum operating efficiencies.
- Unit 5: Know the principles of safe combustion of solid fuel.
- Unit 6: Show awareness of the ventilation requirements for solid fuel appliances in dwellings.
- Unit 7: Show an awareness of the standards applying to chimneys and flue systems.
- Unit 8: Show an awareness of the requirements of the hearth and fire surrounds.
- Unit 9: Show an awareness of the different methods of linking solid fuel fired appliances with existing appliances.
- Unit 10: Show an awareness of unsafe solid fuel situations.
TRAINEE PROFILE: Counter hands
LOCATION: METAC Training & Venues around Ireland
DURATION: 1 Day
COURSE FEE: €150 p.p (group discounts available)
CERTIFICATION: OFTEC Certificate of Completion