Entry requirements, admission criteria and programme information will be made available on the METAC Training website and in printed promotional documents including our course prospectus. It is your responsibility to ensure you are fully briefed about your chosen course of study. Applicants will take responsibility for ensuring that they have completed all documentation required for enrolment and paid the necessary fees if applicable. This may include, but is not limited to:
- a completed enrolment form
- a photocopy of personal identification
- a photocopy of any previous qualifications
- proof of English language proficiency (if required)
Applicants will take responsibility for ensuring that they are fully registered on the programme of study. An applicant cannot be considered a learner until they have completed all stages in the registration process.
Applicants will also take responsibility for the accuracy of information supplied. Submitting false or misleading information or documentation can lead to cancellation of admission or expulsion from a programme.
To access programmes leading to a particular award, the learner should have reached the standards of knowledge, skill and competence associated with the preceding level of the National Framework of Qualifications, i.e. in order to access a Level 6 programme, the learner must have achieved a Level 5 qualification.
This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
Applicants must also have a strong interest in their chosen area of study.
Minimum English Language Requirements:
Teaching in METAC Training is through the medium of English. Therefore, learners must demonstrate a high level of competence in the English language to be admitted.
METAC Training’s minimum English language requirements apply to all applicants at all levels of study.
Learners whose first language is not English must show that they meet a certain standard of English language proficiency. This can be proven through any one of the following methods:
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B2 or higher
- Merit or Distinction in the QQI Level 5 modules English as a Second Language 5N1632 or Communications 5N0690
- International English Language Testing System–Academic (IELTS) – Minimum overall band score of 7.0, with a result not less than 6.5 in each of the individual sections
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Internet Based Test: Minimum total score of 100 out of 120, with a score not less than 22 in Reading and Listening. Not less than 26 in Speaking and NOT LESS than 24 in the test of written English
- Leaving Certificate results of H7/O6 in English
Applicants must complete the English language proficiency test prior to enrolling on a METAC Training programme. In all cases the test results must not be more than 2 years old.
Please Note. It is important to note that false, inaccurate or misleading declarations by Learners may result in METAC and/or Certification Bodies withdrawing or cancelling certificates held under the Programme. If an application is rejected, METAC and/or the Certification Body will give the applicant prompt written notification with the reasons