Micro-Generator Electrical Installations
The aim of this programme is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and competence to, install and connect micro PV and wind turbine systems.
The objective of this course is to equip the candidate with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to perform electrical installation, connecting testing, commissioning and service of micro generators with type-approved network interfaces in accordance with applicable standards, manufactures instructions, guidelines, relevant legislation and standards.
- Understanding the key characteristics of Micro-Generating systems
- Power generating with variable voltages and frequency output.
- Understand output controls of wind generators to include dump loads and electrical braking.
- Legislative and regulatory considerations.
- Raising and lowering wind turbines.
- Health & Safety requirements.
- Installation and Commission of Rotating Generator and Solar PV Systems.
- Maintenance requirements, Fault Finding and Testing for Rotating Generator and Solar PV systems.
Trainee profile: Qualified Electrician, with an ability to work at heights.
Duration: 5 days (4 days in METAC Training)
Course fee: METAC Training have secured 70% funding towards this course through Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board. Terms and conditions apply, please contact our office for further details
Certification: QQI 6N0307 Special Purpose Award Micro-Generator Electrical Installation Level 6
Application forms with all details including payment must be completed before training/assessment commences. Two recent photographs(passport style and size in colour) must be submitted with each application.
Transfer and progression:
You can progress to a relevant level 6 major award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Please contact our office on 057 8756540 or email email@example.com for further information.