Solid Fuel Awareness Training
The Aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge to enable them to assist customers in choosing the correct solid fuel appliance and to recognise the installation & fuel requirements.
- Unit 1: Show an awareness of solid fuel legislation that applies to work in dwellings.
- Unit 2: Know and be able to identify solid mineral fuels and the factors affecting fuel selection.
- Unit 3: Know the basic operating principals of solid fuel appliances.
- Unit 4: Show an awareness of the factors which affect the selection of solid fuel appliances and be able to identify appliances and determine minimum operating efficiencies.
- Unit 5: Know the principles of safe combustion of solid fuel.
- Unit 6: Show awareness of the ventilation requirements for solid fuel appliances in dwellings.
- Unit 7: Show an awareness of the standards applying to chimneys and flue systems.
- Unit 8: Show an awareness of the requirements of the hearth and fire surrounds.
- Unit 9: Show an awareness of the different methods of linking solid fuel fired appliances with existing appliances.
- Unit 10: Show an awareness of unsafe solid fuel situations.
TRAINEE PROFILE: Counter hands
LOCATION: METAC Training & Venues around Ireland
DURATION: 1 Day
COURSE FEE: Contact our office for further details
CERTIFICATION: OFTEC Certificate of Completion