Do I need to pay for the entire course upfront?
No, we only ask for a booking deposit to secure your place on your desired course, payments can be broken down over the duration of the course. We do ask that all balances owed are cleared before you sit your end of course assessments.
When can I start my course?
Once you make your initial enquiry about a course, you will be given the scheduled course dates and there breakdown, courses are normally broken down over a few weeks for example the Domestic Gas Safety DGS course is scheduled 2 days per week for 8 weeks.
Once you have booked and paid your deposit for your course, we will keep in constant contact with you.
We contact you the week before the course commencement with an email of your course start time, what to do when you arrive at METAC on the first day, temperature checking etc.
3 days prior to course commencement we will contact you to complete our 3 day COVID questionnaire.
Learner are encouraged to contact METAC at anytime to confirm details or ask a question about their course.
Do I have to have a good knowledge of the English Language
Yes. We do require our Learners to have a certain level of proficiency in written and spoken English, as per our Certification Bodies validation documents.
Deposits and Refunds
A non-refundable booking fee is required to reserve a course place with the outstanding balance payable in full prior to course assessments. In the event of a participant needing to cancel their booking, a request must be received no later than 7 days prior to the commencement date of the course booked.
Requests received less than 7 days will not be facilitated, as METAC Training will not have sufficient time to fill the vacated place.
Please note that METAC Training reserves the right to change the date of a course scheduled or to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers. Should this occur, all candidates who have paid any monies will be refunded in full.
No refund will be made to Learners who fail to attend classes or who do not complete the course.
When will I receive my QQI certificate?
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) has 6 submission deadlines in each calendar year. Once all materials have been received and the candidate has been successful in their assessments, their results will be internally verified and then authenticated by an External Authenticator. We will then submit the candidate for certification at the next available QQI submission deadline, once the Results Approval Panel have made their recommendations.
When we receive certificates back from QQI, they will be sent out to learners to the address they submitted on their registration form if all course fees have been paid.
All certification costs are covered in course fees.
What funding is available for training?
The Department of Social Protection facilitate the Training Support Grant
What the Training Support Grant is
The Training Support Grant is designed to fund quick access to short term training or related interventions, obtain or renew certification and permits for individual jobseekers that have identified work opportunities or where Case Officers have identified an immediate skills gap that represents an obstacle to taking up a job offer
A Case Officer can approve a grant for someone seeking employment under this scheme where:
- the course is not above level 6 on the QQI
- during the course of an interview, a training need is identified that is not otherwise provided by DSP directly or any other state provider (such as Solas/ETB’s, Teagasc), within a reasonable length of time or at a location convenient to the jobseeker
- the intervention identified is linked to both the activation needs of the jobseeker and labour market conditions
- the intervention sought by the jobseeker forms part of the agreed personal progression or action plan to enter or re-enter the labour market.
- they are satisfied that the jobseeker has provided reasonable evidence or grounds of need (for example in the form of a job offer or of a potential job offer) or an identified skill gap or a requirement to maintain or achieve accreditation (for example, safe pass, driving licences, HACCP, security industry permits)
Each jobseeker can get a maximum amount of €1000 per annum.
Payment can be approved when:
- you attend the programme
- you undertake the relevant assessment and achieve certification
- you do not achieve certification but the trainer and applicant confirm that you undertook full assessment but did not meet the standard required
- invoices should indicate the VAT or other TAX reference number of the supplier. The overall amount should be shown less any participant contribution or third party funding